I know what you are thinking “Patty has jumped off into the deep end…who puts tomatoes with peaches and mozzarella?”…I guess I do and so will you after you try this amazing salad!
So here is how it all came about, a few months back I had noticed in my cooking magazines that tomatoes were being paired with fruit, like nectarines , strawberries and even blueberries. I thought it was so weird, yet I kept seeing tomatoes with fruit…soon enough I realized it was a new trend. Being the adventurous chef that I am, I thought I should try a recipe with tomatoes and fruit so I can see if I liked it and would share with my readers, I LOVED this salad and it’s super healthy as well.
Here are a few things I will share as my suggestions:
- when cutting up your tomatoes and fruit, try and keep the size portion to a bite size
- keep both tomatoes and fruit the same size or approximately the same size
- in following the recipe, keep in mind tomatoes vary in size so try to keep your tomato to fruit portions equal or to your likings
- if you have a local farmers market, try to buy your tomatoes and peaches from the farmers as there is nothing better then a farm grown fruit or vegetable
- for the mozzarella, do not substitute the hard mozzarella you would shred and use on pizza, splurge and buy the burrata mozzarella
- when using your burrata mozzarella, it comes in a container with liquid, remove the burrata from the container and discard the liquid
- to make this salad in advance, you can make your dressing (place it in the refrigerator), cut your fruit and tomatoes, gently toss them together (put them in a container and place in the refrigerator). When it is time to prepare to eat, place your tomatoes/fruit in a bowl, add your basil, mint mozzarella and dressing, toss and serve
First I made my dressing and put it in a small jar
I then began to cut my tomatoes into bite sized pieces
Here are my peaches, I only used 3 of these but I bought a bunch as I didn’t know know many I would need and trust me none of them went to waste
I cut some peaches and started to layer my tomatoes to fruit
I wanted to add some color so I had some cherry tomatoes and cut some of those and added them to my salad
see how pretty?
I did this until I had the perfect combination of tomatoes to fruit, I then added my basil and mint
cut up my burrata mozzarella
added my dressing, tossed and served
So what did I learn…it’s good to try new concepts in recipes! And who knew adding fruit to tomatoes would be so good. This recipe is one of those recipe that will impress your friends if you served it to them and would go great with a BBQ or at a picnic.
Thank you for visiting my site.
If you enjoyed this recipe, please leave a comment and if you enjoy my site, please subscribe. To subscribe, go to the box listed on the top of the page “Subscribe Via Email” and input your email address.
When you subscribe, you will be emailed a link to confirm the subscription, be sure to click on that link to activate your account.
Thank you again ~ Patty Limatola-Tanenbaum