Every year for Mother’s Day, my children make this healthy stuffed French toast with raspberries for me. I found the recipe long ago, made some modifications and then asked them to make it, on their own, and I have loved it ever since. My children usually use only fresh raspberries but you can add blackberries or strawberries as well.
This recipe is great because:
- it’s such an easy recipe your kids can make it for you (or need minimal to make it)
- the bread is placed in muffin tins creating little cups
- the cups are filled with ricotta cheese instead of the traditional cream cheese, lowering the calorie intake
- You can make the cups 1 day in advance by baking them, allowing them to cool down and placing them in container. In the morning, just place them on a baking sheet and bake at 250 degrees for 4-6 minutes, just to take the chill off of them and then assemble
- play around with the fruit as you can use raspberries, strawberries, blackberries or a variety
- use real maple syrup
Whip the eggs with milk, honey and cinnamon
remove the crusts from the bread
dip the bread into the egg mixture
place the bread into a muffin tin and press gently into the muffin tin to form the cup, do this for each piece
bake and remove from the oven, meanwhile, in a small bowl mix your ricotta cheese with orange zest
add a small amount of the ricotta cheese to each cup
add the fruit and serve
Not only is this recipe a little healthier than the traditional stuffed french toast, it also is beautiful when served. Whether you make this for your mom on Mother’s day or just because, I know you will enjoy this recipe, especially if you are looking for something a little healthier…Enjoy!
Thank you for visiting my site and I hope you enjoy this recipe. I do love comments so please feel free to leave me your comment or suggestion. If you would like to be kept up to date with all my new recipes, I only post twice a week, please subscribe in the box listed on the top of the page “Subscribe Via Email”. You will be emailed with a link to confirm you are interested in the subscription so be sure to click on that link too.
Thank you again ~ Patty Limatola-Tanenbaum