Sometimes we all need what I call a “stupid recipe”, something that you basically throw in a pan, the oven or crockpot and then you don’t think about it until dinner and it is amazing! This recipe for creamy tortellini is the perfect definition of a stupid recipe, it’s the perfect recipe for working moms and dads and children love it!
The recipe came from a follower of mine who asked me to make it, her way and then offer up changes. I am posting the photos I took for this recipe but I will write up the recipe the way I think it could be better. So do not follow the photos follow the recipe at the bottom of the page.
I love my crock pot and have made many great dishes using it, pasta is not my friend when it comes to using the crockpot as I haven’t mastered the best timeline in not overcooking the pasta. Even my tortellini came out overdone but nonetheless I made it, it had a great flavor and I wanted to share the recipe with you as it was tasty in flavor.
and cook on low for 4 hours…
Here are the changes that I would do for this creamy tortellini recipe:
- I would only add the spinach in the last 10 minutes of the tortellini cooking as the spinach that was in from the beginning wilted and turned too dark for my likings
- I would put the canned tomatoes on the bottom of the crockpot, then tortellini and top with the cream cheese
- I would breakup the cream cheese and distribute evenly
- I would add a little heavy cream to balance out the cream cheese
- I would cook it for your crockpot as mine may just cook on a higher temperature than most (I did research on other recipes and it appears that most pasta dishes cook between 4-6 hours, follow your guidelines for your crockpot)
I will write up the recipe the way I would recommend making it, the recipe was good but the tortellini was overcooked and because of that, the dinner just didn’t work for me. I am thinking about taking the leftovers and baking them to make a casserole out of it…I will keep you posted on how that came out (I hate wasting food).
Thank you for visiting my site.
If you enjoyed this recipe, please leave a comment and if you enjoy my site, please subscribe. To subscribe, go to the box listed on the top of the page “Subscribe Via Email” and input your email address.
When you subscribe, you will be emailed a link to confirm the subscription, be sure to click on that link to activate your account.
Thank you again ~ Patty Limatola-Tanenbaum